Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hitting Reset






It's been a long, long time since I posted here and I'm sure some people gave up on me but I'm back with a renewed focus and a goal in sight.

This morning I attempted to secure a room at Disneyland for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in January, but was unsuccessful. After some serious pondering I decided that I'd be better off getting a room at Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon instead. I'll also have an extra month to train and I'll be back "Home". As much as I really want to get to Disneyland at some point, it would be extremely sad to go a year without going back to Disney World and if I had gone out to Disneyland, I would have given up our 2013 trip to Disney World.

Some events have transpired in the last couple of days that have really made me think about who I am and who I want to be. At first, I was really upset because no one likes to think about their flaws. I have a lot of issues with insecurity and I have a hard time dealing with fear but I know that while I think I am a pretty good person, I could be better. If I want to achieve my goals I need to work every day towards them...both physically and mentally.

The good thing is, I'm not alone. I have an awesome husband, awesome family and awesome friends who believe in me and want to help me be the best person I can be. One of those people (who shall remain nameless) is the person who got me to really think about who I am and who I want to be this week. It wasn't easy for this person to tell me they thought there are things I could improve upon, but I want to tell this person "Thank You!" because in the end, even if it was hard for me to hear, I know this person wants the best for me, and they are going to be there to support me in my journey to becoming the best me I can be.

With that said..training for the Princess Half Marathon officially begins tomorrow! I'm ready to go the distance....

3 comments:

P19letUK said...

You go Bestie, reach for the moon & even if don't manage to get there you will still be up with the stars xxxxx

Dennis said...

Good for you Steph! Go for it, you can do it!

Sarah M. said...

I'm so proud of you for making the decision to do this. It is by far the hardest part of the journey. You are going to ROCK the Princess Half and I can't wait to be there as you cross that finish line! xoxoxo